Stop Your Daily Back Pain and get back doing what you enjoy knowing it will get better, not just worrying if it will or needing your GP for painkillers
Back pain can occur in many ways. It can slowly creep up on you until you feel you can no longer take it or sometimes you can wake up in the morning and feel like it has hit you like a bolt out of the blue. You can begin to wonder why it has come, why it has happened to you and why it just will not go away.
If this has happened to you, you are not alone. Back pain and Sciatica are the most common problems we see at BuaVox Physiotherapy in our Hamilton clinic. It is something we come across daily and people often have the same questions:
Why is this happening to me? And why won’t it just go away?
Often that is just what people hope for, that the back pain will just go away on its own, as easily as it came without having to do anything. They just wait and wait and wait and before they know it, they have put up with months of pain and a lot of the time it’s not improving but getting worse!
Sound like you?
Here is another scenario we often hear from people who come to us for help. They just put it down to age. They have talked to their friend who has said she has had pain and stiffness in her back for years and you just need to get on with it.
Has that Happened to you?
Or how about just taking painkiller after painkiller on a “hope for the best” basis. But the painkillers aren’t helping, and you feel no better than you did already. Before you know it 6 weeks goes by and nothing has changed, so you go to your GP and just end up getting offered stronger painkillers!
If you are like the people that we help at BuaVox Physiotherapy with back pain, they are frustrated with the affect the back pain has had on their life. They want to be out enjoying their hill walks, on the golf course, doing their gardening, going for their jogs, enjoying just quality time with their family without a nagging pain. Society opinion on pain and the confusion of information out there however, means people just put up with their pain believing they need to accept it in their 40’s and 50’s when it is not so.
Do you feel like this too?
Are you currently living with Back Pain? Here are 7 Reasons why you might be suffering with Back Pain longer than you should:
- You decided to just wait and hoped the pain would go away by itself, but it hasn’t
- You went to your GP and were just given some basic advice to rest and given painkillers – you took them but all they did was give a tiny bit of relief and once they wore off the back pain was back
- You’ve listened to your friends and tried what they have told you but found there has been no change and now they say it’s just down to your age!
- You’ve seen a couple of other healthcare professionals, even physiotherapy clinics, but have not been given a clear understanding of what is happening, only a sheet of exercises which you’ve tried for a bit but haven’t helped
- You have checked Google and YouTube for exercise for Back Pain only for it to feel worse
- You went for a massage for Back Pain and it was great and relaxing but only gave some very short relief and the Back Pain came back
- You decided to just rest and stop doing what you normally did but found your Back Pain didn’t shift and you still felt stiff
If any of this sounds familiar to you, like it has to many others we have seen, we would love to help you. We would like to invite you to call one of the Physios at our Physiotherapy Clinic in Hamilton to have a chat and see how we can help you. Even if you have tried things already, that’s great because you are already on your way to being better as you know what DOES NOT WORK, meaning you are even closer to getting your Back Pain Sorted!
Just click the box below to organise your call with one of our Physios. You will get some honest advice and a chance to ask some questions which may have been bothering you. This call is completely complimentary and there is no obligation to book a plan of care after. We are just aiming to help you make the best possible decision for your health.
What can I do to help my Back just now?
1. The first and best thing you can do is Commit to Getting Help. It is tempting for many people to just wait and do nothing when they have Back Pain. Sometimes it’s fear holding people back about finding out if anything can actually be done. Sometimes it’s feeling that there is nothing that can be done and just accepting it or sometimes it’s just waiting, thinking it will go away. Before long 3 months have passed and people are still suffering. This is not a way to live. The sooner you choose to take action and take back control from your Back Pain the better.
2. Avoid staying in the one position or sitting for too long. How often do you sit for a bit of time, feel a little bit better and then go to get up out of the sofa or chair and feel it takes an age to straighten back up without pain or stiffness in your back? Or else you are standing at the sink or doing some ironing and feel that strain creeping into your back? That’s because staying in the one position puts a lot of strain on your back. That’s why it is important to get the right type of exercises to help with strengthening, and sometimes hands on treatment to get you moving again.
3. Get The Right Type of Exercise. There is so much information out there now that it’s hard to know what is right and what is wrong. Still, the best possible way to ease and get rid of your back pain long term is with effective exercises. But with all this info out there, what are the best exercises to do? There is no way around it – the best thing to do is to see a Physiotherapist in a Physiotherapy Clinic who can work with you and plan a progressive exercise programme for your Back Pain to get you moving freer, feel stronger and get you back to what you enjoy doing.
4. Get Face to Face Physiotherapy. Low back pain is one of the most common types of pain people complain about and Physiotherapy is one of the most proven effective ways to help people with it. If back pain has stopped you from enjoying all the past times you had before, taken the enjoyment away from being with your family or deprived you of your independence, get in touch with a Physiotherapy Clinic that can help you.
If you would like to know how we at BuaVox Physiotherapy can help you get relief from your Back Pain, organise a visit to see us below. This is a completely free visit with no obligations to book a plan of care:
NOTE: The Free Discovery visit is for people who are a bit unsure if Physiotherapy is for them or are nervous about committing to Physio or what it entails. If this sounds like you, we would love to offer you a free discovery visit with no future commitment required and no financial loss for the visit. It simply gives you an opportunity to ask a few questions and for us to ensure we are best suited to your health needs.
How Can BuaVox Physiotherapy help Ease my Back Pain in the next few days?
Here is just some of the things we can do in the first few sessions to get you on your way:
- We can help you find out what is wrong and causing your pain and give you the understanding needed to get you living your life again
- We can quickly ease pain and stiffness and get you moving freer
- Give you back that energy that pain zaps from you
- Get you back out doing what you love and not having to feel like you must pull back from doing what you enjoy due to pain
- Enjoy time with your family without feeling like you are burdening them with your pain story
- Stay out of the GP clinic for longer and take control of your life without the constant need for painkillers
- Finally get a good night’s sleep without having pain wake you up and get up in the morning without feeling stiff for hours first!
- Get face to face Physiotherapy without having to wait months for an appointment only to be given a sheet of exercises
- Get your Back stronger so you can sit and enjoy your TV programmes without dreading standing up after
- Stop feeling like that as each day and week and month goes by, that you are doing less and less because of your pain. We will guide you through the whole process to help you get back doing what you want to do without fearing your back will “go”
We want to get you back to enjoying your life like you were before being struck down with Back Pain!
If you want to find out about our availability and cost for our Physiotherapy Clinic in Hamilton, just click below and fill in the quick form: