Let us help Stop Your Aching, Limiting Knee Pain and get you doing what you love without fear of things getting worse or relying on painkillers
Knee pain can creep up and hit you suddenly that you can begin to wonder why it has come, why it has happened to you and why it just will not go away. Pain and stiffness in your knee becomes limiting, you start noticing that getting out of chair is harder, going up and down stairs becomes a task, getting out of the car is difficult and you just cannot enjoy going out for walks with your family not to mind trying to run or do some physical activity.
If this has happened to you, you are not alone. Knee pain is one of the most common issues we treat at BuaVox Physiotherapy in our Hamilton clinic. We fix it so often we find that people often have the same questions:
Why is this happening to me? And why won’t it just go away?
Often that is just what people hope for, that the knee pain will just go away on its own, as easily as it came without having to do anything. They just wait and wait and wait and before they know it, they have put up with months of pain and a lot of the time it’s not improving but getting worse!
Sound like you?
Here is another scenario we often hear from people who come to us for help. You have mentioned to a friend about your pain and the friend tells you that they have noticed you limping a bit recently. They say they get an ache and pain in their knee as well and that its just “wear and tear” and you need to get on with it. You feel that this must be the same for you and you just put up with it even though you find keeping up with people walking a lot more difficult than they seem to.
Has that Happened to you?
Or how about just taking painkiller after painkiller on a “hope for the best” basis. But the painkillers aren’t helping, and you feel no better than you did already. Before you know it 6 weeks goes by and nothing has changed, so you go to your GP and just end up getting offered stronger painkillers!
If you are like the people that we help at BuaVox Physiotherapy with knee pain, they are fed up with the limits the knee pain has put on their day to day lives. They want to be out walking with their family, being able to just hop in the car and go somewhere without a moment’s thought, enjoy their gardening, holidays and just be able to kneel down and fill the washing machine. Society’s view on pain though and the confusion of information out there means people just put up with their pain believing they need to accept it in their 40’s and 50’s when it is not so.
Do you feel like this too?
Are you currently living with Knee Pain? Here are 7 Reasons why you might be suffering with Knee Pain longer than you should:
- You decided to just wait and hoped the pain would go away by itself, but it hasn’t
- You went to your GP and were just given some basic advice to rest and painkillers – you took them but all they did was give a tiny bit of relief and once they wore off the knee pain was back
- You’ve listened to your friends and tried what they have told you to do that they heard helped but it hasn’t changed the stiffness or pain you are getting
- You’ve seen a couple of other healthcare professionals but have not been given a clear understanding of what is happening, what you can and can’t do, only a sheet of exercises which you’ve tried for a bit but nothing changed
- You have checked Google and YouTube for advice and have been confused by all the different advice and are afraid you might just make things worse
- You went for a massage and told it might be your back so that was massaged and it felt nice but didn’t help your knees
- You felt everything you did for your knee pain just made things worse so decide to just rest it only for it to fell stiffer
If any of this sounds familiar to you, like it has to many others we have seen, we would love to help you. We would like to invite you to call one of the Physios at our Physiotherapy Clinic in Hamilton to have a chat and see how we can help you. Even if you have tried things already, that’s great because you are already on your way to being better as you know what DOES NOT WORK, meaning you are even closer to getting your Knee Pain Sorted!
Just click the box below to organise your call with one of our Physios. You will get some honest advice and a chance to ask some questions which may have been bothering you. This call is completely complimentary and there is no obligation to book a plan of care after. We are just aiming to help you make the best possible decision for your health.
What can I do to help my Knee just now?
1. The first and best thing you can do is Commit to Getting Help. It is tempting for many people to just wait and do nothing when they have Knee Pain. Sometimes its fear holding people back about finding out if anything can actually be done. Sometimes it’s feeling that there is nothing that can be done and just accepting it or sometimes it’s just waiting, thinking it will go away. Before long 3 months have passed and people are still suffering. This is not a way to live. The sooner you choose to take action and take back control from your Knee Pain the better.
2. Avoid sitting and staying in one position for long periods. It can be tempting when standing and moving is sore but if it were to work it would have worked by now. How often do you find that sitting in the one position for a while and then you get up to move and feel that your knee is just so sore and stiff? Sometimes it takes a couple of goes to get out of the chair or sofa and then a few minutes before the stiffness eases off. That’s because the body long term does not like being restricted in movement. Your knee is meant to move and weight bear you reduce that and your pain gets worse. It is important to start building up your activity in a comfortable way.
3. Get The Right Type of Exercise. There is so much information out there now that it’s hard to know what is right and what is wrong. Still, the best possible way to ease and get rid of your knee pain long term is with effective exercises. But with all this info out there, what are the best exercises to do? There is no way around it – the best thing to do is to see a Physiotherapist who can work with you and plan a progressive exercise programme for your Knee Pain to get you moving freer, feel stronger and get you back to what you enjoy doing.
4. Get Face to Face Physio. Knee pain is one of the most common complaints people have and Physio is one of the most proven effective ways to help people with it. If knee pain has stopped you from enjoying all the past times you had before, taken the enjoyment away from being with your family or deprived you of your independence, get in touch with a Physiotherapy Clinic that can help you
If you would like to know how we at BuaVox Physiotherapy can help you get relief from your Knee Pain, organise a visit to see us below. This is a completely free visit with no obligations to book a plan of care:
NOTE: The Free Discovery visit is for people who are a bit unsure if Physiotherapy is for them or are nervous about committing to Physio or what it entails. If this sounds like you, we would love to offer you a free discovery visit with no future commitment required and no financial loss for the visit. It simply gives you an opportunity to ask a few questions and for us to ensure we are best suited to your health needs.
How Can BuaVox Physiotherapy help Ease my Knee Pain in the next few days?
Here are just some of the things we can do in the first few sessions to get you on your way:
- We can help you find out what is wrong and causing your pain and give you the understanding needed to get you living your life again
- We can quickly ease pain and stiffness and get you to move your knee a lot freer
- Pain can Zap you of energy, helping reduce it will give you it back
- Get you back out doing what you enjoy and not having to feel like you must pull back due to pain
- Enjoy time with your family without feeling like you are burdening them with your pain story or feel that you are slowing them down
- Stay out of the GP clinic for longer and take control of your life without the constant need for painkillers or risk the need of having pointless injections or dangerous surgery
- Finally get a good night’s sleep without having your knee pain wake you up in the middle of the night
- Get seen face to face without having to wait months for an appointment only to be given a sheet of exercises
- Get your knee stronger so you can hop out of that chair, swiftly get up and down the stairs and start enjoying all your hobbies you previously lost
- Stop feeling like that as each day and week and month goes by, that you are doing less and less because of your pain. We will guide you through the whole process to help you get back doing what you want to do without fearing you knee will “give way”
We want to get you back to enjoying your life like you were before being struck down with Knee Pain!
If you want to find out about our availability and cost for our Physiotherapy Clinic in Hamilton, just click below and fill in the quick form: